Cydia is now saving your iOS 5.0.1 SHSH blobs. Whilst they’re not of any use at the moment, there’s a tweak on it’s way that will allow you to use them for downgrading/upgrading to and from iOS 5.0.1. TinyUmbrella has also been updated to give support for Apple TV on 4.4.4.
Whilst most say that Redsn0w is the preferred method of backing up your SHSH blobs I personally believe that TinyUmbrella is the easiest to use, both have been updated to allow for saving of your 5.0.1 SHSH blobs. Redsn0w allows a few more options when dealing with SHSH blobs, but in order to save them you must first download either Redsn0w or TinyUmbrella:
To save your SHSH blobs using Redsn0w you must:
1) Connect your iDevice to the computer by USB (close iTunes if it opens);
2) Download and install the latest version of Redsn0w – then open it;
3) Click on ‘Extras’;
4) Click on ‘SHSH’;
5) Click on ‘Fetch’ – Redsn0w should manually catch and upload you SHSH blobs to Cydia.
To save save your SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella you must;
1) Download and install the latest version of TinyUmbrella – then open it;
2) Connect your device and select it from the top left column called ‘connected devices’;
3) Click on ‘Save SHSH’s’ – your SHSH blobs will be saved in TinyUmbrella, you can use the TSS server in the future to upgrade/downgrade you IPSW’s.